Skip to main content

This Week's Goals



A picture I snapped while on a family walk last week of the creek near our home.

Hope your week is off to a wonderful beginning.  We have been soaking up this autumn day with time spent outside reading this afternoon.  Here's how I did on my goals for last week.  

Last Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, and Family:
1)  Go on a date with my sweet hubby.  We were able to squeeze in two dates last week which was just plain awesome!  We actually worked out together at the gym for one of our dates and enjoyed time out with friends for the second.  Hooray!  So thankful that we were able to do that.  
2)  Attend 3 appointments with Evangeline.  I actually forgot about one appointment so it was actually 4 appointments last week.  So thankful about the progress that she is making right now!  One day I really think I"ll be able to say no more therapy.  
3)  Eli starts Cloverbuds this month.  Cloverbuds is a fun club for children before they are old enough to join 4H.  As a former, long term 4Her myself I am super excited!  Eli had an absolute blast decorating pumpkins and playing with friends.  
4)  Attend a family party at a friend's home.  We had a blast at our friend's fall harvest party!  

Personal:
5)  Visit the chiropractor.  Yeap!  
6)  Exercise 3 times this week.  (I am still working on settling into a new life routine since our life changed so drastically to include numerous appointments each week for Eva.)-  Okay so I didn't actually exercise three times despite my good intentions.  I did get in two great workouts so that's definitely worth half credit right?

Homemaking:
7)  Sew a baby gift.  If time allows I would also like to sew one Christmas gift this week.   I am almost finished with the baby gift but I didn't work on anything else.  
8)  Have a budget meeting with the happy hubby to talk about our Christmas budget and expectations.  Let me just say that sitting down every year to specifically talk about our Christmas expectations has really helped both of us to enjoy Christmas so much more!  It also cuts down a lot of stress and drama that could potentially occur over differing expectations.  ;)  We also set a specific budget for everything Christmas related.  (Let me know if you would like to know more specifics about this as I would be happy to share.)    Yeap this really happened and it wasn't at all terrible.  

Ministry, Hospitality, & Friendships:
9)  Spend time practicing the piano selections I will play for an upcoming wedding this weekend.  I played for the wedding and it went pretty well.  

Other: (I decided to group them together because they are both the items that get shoved to the back burner if my week gets crazy busy.)  
10)  Spend time helping my grandmother one afternoon this week.  We got so much accomplished this week!  
11)  Work 4 hours at home.- I think I only worked 3 hours.  
12)  Write a blog post about Eva's Feeding Therapy.  I have had so many thoughtful friends ask about this that I really want to write about this soon. -This is going to happen this week!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week's Goals

Marriage, Mothering, & Family:
1)  Attend two therapy appointments with Evangeline.  
2)  Take the children to the museum this week.  (Our pass expires at the end of December so I really want to squeeze in a few more trips.) 
3)  Have an at-home date night.

Personal:
4)  Exercise three times this week.
5)  Finish reading The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

Homemaking:
6)  Finish sewing a baby gift.  
7)  Pack up children's summer clothes and get out ahead boxes.  Write a detailed list of what I need to purchase for each child.  

Ministry & Friendships:
8)  Meet up with a friend for a play date this week.  
9)  Accompany my husband on a visit this week.  

Other:
10)  Work from home four hours this week.  
11)  Write about Eva's incredible progress in Feeding Therapy over the past few months.  

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week?  Let's encourage one another.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Reads

None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin :  I'm quickly becoming quite the fan of Mrs. Jen Wilkin.  I've been working through her 1 Peter Bible Study this summer and I absolutely loved reading through this book on the attributes of God.  I found myself reminded of so many things and almost felt a sense of relief as I contemplated what God is like.  This book was a delight to read.  I love that there is now a book on God's attributes written especially for women.  Pure awesomeness!  I highly recommend this book for both new believers and those with years of experience.  I also think it would make a great book club book. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This book is one that I have been wanting to read for years and I just never got around to it.  I am so glad that I finally took the time to read and pray through this book!  What better gift could I give my husband the past month than to spend time earnestly praying for him through a

Our First Tent Camping Experience

Earlier in June we embarked on a new adventure.  TENT CAMPING!   Two summers ago we enjoyed a wonderful time camping in a borrowed pop-up camper but this was our first experience sleeping in a tent as a family.  We loaded up our very full van and headed to Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky for a new adventure.  It was wonderful.   One of the neatest aspects of our trip was the fact that Nina & Poppy Steve (Brandon's parents) were able to meet up with us!  (They live a good 10 hours away from us so this was a real treat.)  We had so much spending time with them.  We stayed at  Hillman Ferry Campground  and I would definitely stay there again.   Hillman Ferry Campground has a lovely beach with an area roped off for swimming.  The kids enjoyed playing in the sand and I even took them swimming in the lake.  I have been swimming many times in a lake but I think this was my children's first real time swimming in a lake.  (The closest lake to us no longer

This Week's Goals

We have been so blessed to fill our August with such fun family memories. In the picture above we enjoyed a day trip to the Columbus Zoo where we got to get up close with some kangaroos!   August has been so busy for our family that I've neglected to share my goals the past few weeks.  We've been squeezing in lots of summer fun as we transition back to school days.  I also began teaching fall piano lessons.  Here are a few of my goals for this upcoming week.      This Week's Goals Marriage, Mothering, & Family 1.  Eli is playing flag football this fall!  I'm excited to attend his game on Saturday. 2.  Eva has a therapy appointment this week.  I am so thankful for all of the incredible progress that she has made over the past year.   3.  Take both children to the park to play this week.   Homemaking 4.  Work on plans for Disney.  I need to work on our packing list and make some reservations.  I also need to purchase a number of items before we lea