Happy Monday! I hope each of you are enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day. As you can see from the picture above we started planting our garden on Saturday! I'm super excited that we finally have some seeds in the ground. Memorial Day always marks the more official beginning of summer since in our area this is when all of the outdoor pools open. This week we will be soaking up as much summer as possible and preparing for a fun tent camping trip!
Last Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, & Family
4. Make a summer bucket list as a family! This is a tradition in our family and really helps to add focus to our summer. We discussed this a little bit but we need to actually sit down and make a list!
6. Read and journal through five chapters of Sally Clarkson's Own Your Life. I'm on chapter 9 and it's still just as wonderful as I raved about a few weeks ago. Taking the time to journal through each of the questions at the end of the chapter is making such a difference! I worked through two chapters this week. I have about three other books going at the same time so I think I will just focus on this books this week.
Ministry & Friendships
This Week's Goals
1. Enjoy an at-home date night with the happy hubby.
2. Set up our new tent this week in the backyard and possibly have a camp out.
3. Evangeline has two therapy appointments this week.
4. Make a summer bucket list as a family! This is a tradition in our family and really helps to add focus to our summer.
5. I'm so thankful for a lull in the rain and kind neighbors who tilled my garden on Saturday. Our garden is half planted right now. This week I hope to plant another row and then we will add a few succession plantings a few weeks apart. (You don't actually want to plant all of your seeds at the same time or you will be overwhelmed with produce all at the same time!) I still need to plant a variety of winter squashes this week. The seeds I started in the float bed didn't work quite as well this year so I also need to pickup a few tomato plants at the store.
6. Spend some time planning for next school year. My goal is to be completely finished with all preparations by the middle of July.
7. Read and journal through four chapters of Sally Clarkson's Own Your Life.
Ministry & Friendships
8. Spend an hour working on VBS. This week I'm hoping to work on magnets and then studying the lessons. (I teach the Bible Story lesson at our VBS which requires a good amount of preparation. I'm hoping to spread it out over a few weeks.)
9. Possibly take part in a paid research study.
10. Spend an afternoon helping my grandmother.