|Setting goals helps me determine the direction of my week.|
Last Week's Goals:
Attend two therapy appointments and a GI Dr. Appt with Eva this week.This was one of my biggest priorities for last week and I am so thankful that I was able to attend all three appointments. Eva has gained an entire pound in the last few months. What a big praise!
- Eva & Eli start Co-Op this week! I need to finish my Before Five in A Row syllabus and develop a plan for Co-Op days. We have Co-op days on Wednesdays which is already our busiest day of the week since we attend church in the evenings and help coordinate the dinner.
I’m hoping to develop a smooth plan for Co-Op days this week. I also need to change our weekly schedule to allow more days spent completely at home.We not only survived our first day of Co-Op but we also had a great time. Aside from getting lost on the way to Co-Op our morning went well. I will be tweaking my plan this week for Wednesdays at our home by setting some more realistic expectations for the amount of work I will be able to accomplish as well as allowing ample time to arrive early at our destination.
Attend a Counseling Conference with my husband. We both really enjoy conferences and I am really excited about spending some serious time together learning more about how the Gospel speaks into every aspect of our lives. We have attended a number of conferences at this same church and each one has been phenomenal! One of my favorite parts is the fact that the church is local to us so we get to sleep at home.I am so thankful that I was able to attend the conference with the happy hubby. I found myself personally challenged in my walk with Christ and more determined to root out pride in my own life. Sew a gift for my niece's birthday. The kids and I had so much fun picking out fabric last week! It had been forever since I had been inside a fabric store.I sewed my niece a Colored Pencil Roll Up which I mailed to her last week for her 4th birthday. It was so sweet to watch Eli pick out the fabric for this project as he truly cared which fabric Zuzu would enjoy the most. In the end he picked out an adorable Hello Kitty print. Start sewing a gift for a friend of Eli's.It felt wonderful to sew (and finish) two projects last week. I'm not sharing yet what I made for Eli's friend since I feel pretty confident that would give away the surprise. Read 4 chapters from Counsel From The Cross.I only made it through 2 chapters so far but I am sure that I will be able to read more this upcoming week since I am headed to Florida! Exercise 3 times.I was able to workout 2.5 times this week which isn't very impressive but it's a start! Attend a Ladies' Night Out Fellowship with the women from our church.Every time I am blessed to attend some time out with friends I always think, "Why don't I make that more of a priority in my life?" I had a great time. Meet Beverly Lewis at our local library.I have been a fan of Mrs. Lewis since I was a teenager and my mom was reading one of her books. Friday night turned out to be so special. My mom and I went out to dinner and then attended the lecture together all by ourselves. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Mrs. Lewis is not only a phenomenal fiction writer but she is also a wonderful speaker. I really enjoyed listening to her. Invite a friend over for a play date.I invited a friend over to play but we weren't able to get together this week due to my hectic schedule of appointments. Write two blog posts this week including a post about Evangeline's recent neurosurgery apt.I only carved out time to write one other blog post last week but I will be writing about Eva's neurosurgery appointment this week. For those of you who are wondering it went well and I was very pleased with the appointment. Spend an afternoon helping my Grandmother.Thankful to have the time to honor my grandparents by helping them in this way. Work from home four hours this week.I was able to squeeze in just over 4 hours of work last week. I don't have childcare while I am working at home so these few hours are squeezed into the early mornings and a little during nap time after all of my other responsibilities have been met for the day.
This Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, & Family
1. My top priority this week is to enjoy a wonderful trip to Florida with my children, dad, and youngest sister. It has been five years since I have had the opportunity to travel to Florida and I simply can't wait. This week is sure to be packed full of fun!
2. Spend some time writing a love letter to my husband. Unfortunately he won't be able to join us in Florida so I plan on leaving behind a small gift and a love note when I go.
3. Enjoy a nature walk with the children.
4. Attend 4 feeding therapy appointments this week!
5. Spread the rest of the compost by the back decorative fence. Deadhead Black Head Susan flowers. Decide on the number of mums that I hope to purchase when I return next week.
6. Work on sewing Evangeline's purse.
7. Write two blog posts this week.
8. Spend time reading my Bible six days this week. I would also like to spend some time writing in my journal what God is teaching me.
9. Finish reading Counsel From The Cross.
Income Earning Goals
10. Spend two hours this week working from home on a project. Hopefully I can do more but we do leave on Wednesday right after Co-Op!
How did you do on your goals for last week? What goals do you have for this week? Let's encourage one another in setting productive, intentional goals this week!