|I was pleasantly surprised last week when Evangeline decided to be my building helper. We had such a great time building this raised bed. She handed me screws and even helped me hold the boards. I can't wait to harvest some fresh veggies!|
Marriage, Mothering, & Family:
1. Go on a real (out of the house) date with Brandon. He won't be traveling with us this trip so I want to make sure that we spend some good time together before I head out. I'll be gone a total of 6 days.
2. Road Trip to Arkansas! This will be my first time traveling this far alone with two children so I will also be spending a lot of time prepping for this trip. I've made the trip to Arkansas about three times a year for the past 8 years but I'm still a teensy bit anxious about making the long drive alone.
3. Finish reading God's Promises by Sally Michael. (Have I mentioned how much I simply adore this series? It's so good.)
4. Spend at least an hour working on organizing the basement.
5. Sew a birthday gift which also includes a trip to the fabric store. (I gave away the large majority of my fabric stash before we moved.)
6. Leave for our trip with a clean house. This is an area that I usually struggle with but I simply DO NOT want to come home to a messy home.
7. Vacuum out the inside of our van and wash the outside.
8. Continue working through Priscilla Shirer's Discerning the Voice of God. (I also need to do a little catch up work this week.)
Ministry & Friendships:
9. Catch up with a friend on the telephone.
10. Spend time visiting with my friend Laura who lives in Nashville. We'll be spending two nights at her house on our way to Arkansas.
I'd love to hear what goals you have for this week! Do you have any tips or advice as I prepare for a long road trip alone with kids?