Sunday, March 2, 2014

Frugal Things I Did Last Week

Evangeline is modeling a hair-bow that I made last week. 
I hope you all had a wonderful frugal week.  Here are some of the frugal things we did last week: 

I made two hair-bows for Evangeline to clip onto a headband.  I am so pleased with how they turned out.  I purchased the alligator clips at Sally's Beauty Supply but you can purchase these Double Prong Metal Alligator Clips on amazon.  I am hoping to make a couple more this upcoming week.

I was unhappy about my recent experience using Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers so I wrote Kimberly-Clark a letter sharing my specific concerns.  (They leaked everywhere and ruined 3 outfits.)  I was very pleased with their customer service.  They mailed me a letter of apology and a prepaid debit card for the full purchase amount of the diapers.

I took home leftover salad from a church meal.  We have been enjoying it all week.  I also made stir fry using the leftover vegetables from a veggie tray.

I cut my handsome husband's hair.  I also trimmed his beard.

My father-in-law removed a couple of skin tags for me saving me hundreds of dollars and a trip to the dermatologist.

I continued making homemade kefir this past week everyday.

I was de-cluttering my dresser and found a bunch of money I had stashed away.  I will add this to our vacation fund.

Brandon and I went out in celebration of our dating anniversary (6 years)!  Our first date was actually on Leap Day.  We used a gift card to eat at Red Lobster.  We used a coupon for a free appetizer-lobster pizza.  (Does anyone have the recipe to make it?  It can't be that difficult.)  Then we went to the cheap movies $3/ticket and saw Saving Mr. Banks.  It was cute and clean!  Eva went with us and was wonderful.

We stopped by Joann's and picked up a couple of McCall's patterns which were on sale for $1.40 each.

A friend from church gave us free tickets to the University of Kentucky/University of Arkansas game.  We had a wonderful time at the game.  Hubby is an Arkansas fan so it was really special.  His parents even came up for the game and went with us.

I took soil samples from our garden and landscaping to have tested for free at our local extension office.  Hopefully I can drop off these samples this upcoming week.

What frugal things did you do last week?  




No comments:

Post a Comment