Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Frugal Things I Did Last Week

Hooray for fresh, nearly organic produce from our garden!  

Last week I picked squash from our garden!  Yeah!  So far we have harvested 1 yellow squash and 3 zucchini.  If I had bought those 4 squash at the Farmer's Market they would have cost 3.00.  I am thinking about keeping track of what we harvest from our garden this year and how it benefits us financially.  In many ways it is hard to really put a price tag on fresh picked, hand grown produce.  The excitement on Elijah's face was priceless!

We had some good friends over for dinner this week.  I made homemade BBQ, Baked Beans, and Strawberry Poppyseed Salad.  Our friends brought a wonderful peanut butter pie.  It was so great hanging out with them.

We also had my sister and her boyfriend over for dessert after church.  I served peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.
Elijah and Evangeline enjoyed making forts and all sorts of hide outs in our den.  

Our family headed to our local city park where we had a great time walking around the lake.

We combined errands together to save money on gas.

I purchased 10 lbs. of chicken leg quarters on sale for .59 a pound.  I cooked leg quarters twice last week.  I skinned them this time and they tasted great!

I read a book that I had ordered for free through our library's inter-library loan program.  I'm glad I didn't buy the book because it turned out to be a big disappointment.  I am thankful that I saved at least $20.

I received a free book to review in the mail.

Eva has outgrown some of her 12 month summer outfits so I opened up her next tote of size 18 months.  Thankfully there were a few summer outfits in there.  Both of our children have small wardrobes since I wash their clothes twice a week.  This means that they only have to own enough clothes for a few days.  I always do laundry when we visit family and if we stay at a cabin for vacation there is usually a washer and dryer.

The happy hubby and I used a gift card for Olive Garden.

I cut out a dress to sew for my cousin Anna.  It is a birthday present even though her birthday was a few months ago.  :)

What frugal things did you do last week?  I am trying to grow huckleberries this year.  Does anyone have any advice?  

No comments:

Post a Comment