Thursday, February 6, 2014

Valentine's Day DIY



I came across this idea on Pintrest for a cute Valentine's day decor last year.  I had trouble finding the wooden hearts last year so my sweet mother-in-law mailed them to me.  Life happened and I ended up not getting it finished.  A year later we have another one in our family!  If you look closely you will notice that the hearts are actually two different sizes.  I could only find 3" hearts this year so I made the hearts for Eli and Eva 3" instead of 4".

This was a really fun project to do and I love how it turned out!  Elijah and I had a lot of fun working on it during Evangeline's nap time.  He painted the blue heart and I finished it.  ;)

I can't believe how simple this project was.  I simply painted each heart twice with paint that I had on hand.  Then I used the Cricut Cartridge, Songbird to cut out each name.  They are all cut at 1.5 except for Mom which is cut at 1.25.  Then I painted each heart with sealer.  You could easily make this craft without owning a Cricut by using a Sharpie Marker or by painting the names.


I attached the ribbon connecting each heart together first by hot gluing each plaque to the ribbon.  (I did measure the distance between each heart.)  Then I glued two strips of ribbon to the top of the Dad plaque and tied them together.

Have you made any Valentine's Day Decor this year?  

2 comments: