Monday, December 14, 2015

This Week's Goals


The weeks leading up to Christmas are always busy.  In fact, they can be downright chaotic.  This year I'm hoping to be more intentional with how I spend the days leading up to Christmas.  It's always hard because I think each one of us has a tendency to get stressed out with Christmas just around the corner.  I find it helpful to ask myself, "In thirty years what is going to matter most to me?  Will I be sad that I didn't mark every minuscule deep cleaning item off of my list or will I be thankful that I took the time to make the memories that are important: teaching my children the true meaning of Christmas?"  Here are a few of the items I hope to accomplish this week in between all of the memory making!  

Mothering/Marriage/Family
1.  Continue reading Unwrapping the Greatest Gift in preparation for Christmas with the family.  (We are actually a few days behind so hopefully I can squeeze in a few extra readings this week.)  I"m also anticipating lots of time snuggling up on the couch reading a huge stack of Christmas books.
2.  Attend 3 therapy sessions with Evangeline.  I'm super excited because after this week we are taking off for two whole weeks!  Not a single therapy session or doctor's appointment surrounding Christmas.
3.  Spend the afternoon at the museum with friends.

Homemaking:
4.  Wash outside windows and possibly hang wreaths.
5.  Sew two Christmas gifts this week.  Sometimes I think the hardest part of making a gift is actually deciding what to make!  This week I need to make a gift for my six year old cousin and it is so hard to narrow down exactly what to make.  I'm also hoping to finalize a "realistic" sewing list for the next ten days.
6.  Purchase final gifts by Friday so that I do not need to do any shopping next week.  
7.  Address and mail 50 Christmas cards.  

Personal:
8.  Begin reading one of the three books that I have resting on my night stand.  

Ministry & Friendships:
9.  Host a Christmas Party at our home.

Other:
10.  Spend time helping my grandmother one afternoon.

What goals do you have for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment