|A beautiful sunset at my parent's farm.|
Phew! It feels good to be home after a week filled with traveling out of state to visit family. We had a lovely trip but were gone almost the entire week. This week I will be trying to balance the many responsibilities and appointments that we have with allowing my children to rest. It always takes at least three days for my children to recover from a long car ride.
This week I am turning my attention towards Advent. It is my prayer that our entire family can be intentional this coming week to begin preparing our hearts for Christmas.
Here are my goals for the week:
- Take the children on a nature walk one afternoon.
- Attend 3 appointments with Evangeline this week.
- Begin reading Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas with the family. We used this book last year and I was so excited to begin that we actually started a day early.
- Complete a list of activities for Advent. The happy hubby and I had a great time dreaming up activities with our children on Sunday. We will be incorporating many of their ideas and throwing in a few surprises!
- Sew or make two Christmas gifts this week.
- Drop off consignment items.
- Address twenty Christmas cards.
- Finish reading What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast.
- Begin reading The Greatest Gift.
- Workout three times.
Ministry & Friendships:
- Attend a funeral for a friend's grandfather.
- Spend time preparing a Christmas offertory this week. Honestly it's really hard to decide what to play in December because there are so many choices!
- Spend time helping my grandmother one afternoon.
- Turn in a big project I have been working on for months!
What goals do you have for this week? How have your goals changed this week in light of the fact that it is now December?