Skip to main content

This Week's Goals & Recap

Eli had a great time at Art Club this week and I had a great time hanging out just the two of us!
Happy Monday!  I have my usual, quirky assortment of goals for the week.  I think I have finally adjusted to the fact that it is no longer Christmas break.  It's time to get back to work.  

Last Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, & Family:
1)  The children and I are headed out of town on Saturday for an out of town birthday party!  It's an indoor pool party and the kids are just beside themselves with excitement.  It was awesome.  The birthday party was an indoor pool party complete with a massive water slide!  Totally worth the hour drive in the rain.  
2)  I'm planning on spending some time alone with Eli this week and plan to take him to "Art Club" at the library.  Part of my yearly goal to "settle" into our new community is to take part in local activities.  So far the library has some of the best!  I had such a fun time taking Eli to Art Club and talking about life.  
3)  Enjoy an at home date night with the happy hubby on Friday night.  (We had a fantastic time last weekend attending the UK vs Arkansas basketball game in Lexington.)  This didn't really happen.  We spent some great time together this week but I got lazy and didn't put forth any effort into making a fun "at home" date night.  

Homemaking
4)  Help Eli make a birthday present for the party we will be attending.  I had planned on making the gift but he actually insisted that he was going to make it!  This was a fun project and Eli was so excited to give his gift.  
5)  Spend 5 hours unpacking and working on different house projects.  This week I'm hoping to tackle the coat closet and possibly hang up some curtains.  Okay confession time.  Spending 5 hours on "house projects" took way more time than I anticipated.  In case you are wondering here's what I did in those 5 hours broken up over 3 days: cleaned and organized entryway closet, unpacked three boxes, hung one curtain rod, and hemmed two curtain panels.  I honestly thought I would have time to install all four curtain rods so I'm glad I made a time limit goal.  

Personal
6) Finish my Bible Study on 1 Peter.  I've been working through Jenn Wilkin's study for months and it is wonderful!  I loved Jenn Wilkin's 1 Peter Bible Study so much that I'm kind of sad that it ended.  I'm jumping into a new Bible Study called Always True this week.  
7)  Take a class on digital photography.  It was really good.  I can't wait to go back this week.  I'm super thankful for a sweet husband who helps me take the time for pursuits outside of the home.  
8)  Read 5 chapters of Good News for Weary Women: Escaping the Bondage of To-Do Lists, Steps, and Bad Advice by Elyse Fitzpatrick.  She's one of my favorite authors and this book has been fabulous so far.  It was great and I actually finished it.  

Ministry & Friendships
9) Visit my grandmother.  So glad we finally had a chance to visit.  

Other:
10) Organize (and finish unpacking) everything for my piano studio.  I start teaching again next week!  Can I get half credit?  I worked on it and I'll be finishing it up tomorrow.  

This Week's Goals:
Marriage, Mothering, & Family:
1)  Take the children to the Bugs program at our library.  We actually spent most of last semester studying insects so this is perfect!
2)  Enjoy an "at home" or "real" date night with my husband.
3)  Take Eli & Eva to their gymnastics class.

Homemaking
4)  Spend thirty minutes working on Evangeline's "princess" dress.  She keeps asking so I'll try to make this a priority this week.  
5)  Spend three hours working on "home" projects, unpacking, etc.  I'm hoping to work on hanging more curtains this week.
6)  List a box of books for sale on amazon.  Hopefully I will also find my scale this week.

Personal
7)  Attend the Intermediate Photography class.  I learned SO much last week at the Beginner Class.
8)  Go to bed by 10pm every night except Friday.

Ministry & Friendships
9)  My sister is coming over to spend the night.  Woohoo!
10)  Attend the new members class at our church.  I'm actually really excited about learning more about my new church.

What goals do you have for this week?  
Do any of you break down your goals by categories?  If so I'd love to hear what categories you use.  I might change up my categories for 2017.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Reads

None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin :  I'm quickly becoming quite the fan of Mrs. Jen Wilkin.  I've been working through her 1 Peter Bible Study this summer and I absolutely loved reading through this book on the attributes of God.  I found myself reminded of so many things and almost felt a sense of relief as I contemplated what God is like.  This book was a delight to read.  I love that there is now a book on God's attributes written especially for women.  Pure awesomeness!  I highly recommend this book for both new believers and those with years of experience.  I also think it would make a great book club book. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This book is one that I have been wanting to read for years and I just never got around to it.  I am so glad that I finally took the time to read and pray through this book!  What better gift could I give my husband the past month than to spend time earnestly praying for him through a

Our First Tent Camping Experience

Earlier in June we embarked on a new adventure.  TENT CAMPING!   Two summers ago we enjoyed a wonderful time camping in a borrowed pop-up camper but this was our first experience sleeping in a tent as a family.  We loaded up our very full van and headed to Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky for a new adventure.  It was wonderful.   One of the neatest aspects of our trip was the fact that Nina & Poppy Steve (Brandon's parents) were able to meet up with us!  (They live a good 10 hours away from us so this was a real treat.)  We had so much spending time with them.  We stayed at  Hillman Ferry Campground  and I would definitely stay there again.   Hillman Ferry Campground has a lovely beach with an area roped off for swimming.  The kids enjoyed playing in the sand and I even took them swimming in the lake.  I have been swimming many times in a lake but I think this was my children's first real time swimming in a lake.  (The closest lake to us no longer

This Week's Goals

We have been so blessed to fill our August with such fun family memories. In the picture above we enjoyed a day trip to the Columbus Zoo where we got to get up close with some kangaroos!   August has been so busy for our family that I've neglected to share my goals the past few weeks.  We've been squeezing in lots of summer fun as we transition back to school days.  I also began teaching fall piano lessons.  Here are a few of my goals for this upcoming week.      This Week's Goals Marriage, Mothering, & Family 1.  Eli is playing flag football this fall!  I'm excited to attend his game on Saturday. 2.  Eva has a therapy appointment this week.  I am so thankful for all of the incredible progress that she has made over the past year.   3.  Take both children to the park to play this week.   Homemaking 4.  Work on plans for Disney.  I need to work on our packing list and make some reservations.  I also need to purchase a number of items before we lea