Skip to main content

This Week's Goals


Happy Monday!  I'm starting to feel the end of summer time crunch.  Has it hit you yet?  Where we live school starts in just a few short weeks!  We have enjoyed a fantastic summer so far but I will still be a wee bit sad to watch it end.  Now I am coming face to face with my lovely summer to do list.  (It's always overly ambitious.)  There are still quite a few cleaning items on that summer list that I really do need to finish in the next three weeks.  Last week was a full week of re-adjusting to home life after our week away but I'm happy with how my goals turned out.  Here's a few of the things I hope to accomplish this week while we squeeze as much fun out of summer as we possibly can.  

Last Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, & Family  
1.  Eva has a therapy appointment and a GI appt this week.
2.  Enjoy an at home date with the happy hubby.  We had a great time watching "The Finest Hours" together after the children went to bed.  We've also been a lot more intentional to spend time together talking.  Last weekend we even enjoyed a "workout date" at the gym.  
3.  Spend extra time reading, playing, and snuggling my kiddos.  Road trips are always difficult on children and I think it always takes them a few days to bounce back.  One kid is back to their happy self while another child is still struggling.  I'm making a note NEVER to let our children adjust to a different time zone again!  

Homemaking
4.  Make a large Costco haul.  We've been out of town for a week so that means we are completely out of groceries!  I'm also hoping to do a lot of cooking this week.   So thankful for a fridge full of food.  
5.  Catch up on laundry and clean the entire upstairs.

Personal
6.  Read and pray through 5 chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife.  I made it through four chapters last week.  
7.  Visit my doctor for a yearly checkup.  I also went to the eye doctor.  I'm hoping to knock out many of my appointments this summer in order to free up more time later.  

Ministry & Friendships
8.  Enjoy a playdate with friends.   It was so fun!  One of my favorite parts of summer is the extra time to get together with friends.  

Other
9.  Make my final decisions regarding textbooks for the classes I will be teaching this year at co-op.  I also plan to start working on my syllabuses for the fall semester so that I'm not scrambling at the end of summer.  Super excited to cross this one off my list! I had the hardest time narrowing down our science choice.  
10.  Help my grandmother one day this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week's Goals
Marriage, Mothering, & Family
1.  Enjoy taking the children to the bike rodeo in town.  I'm still not entirely sure what we have signed up for but I am sure it will be fun.  I had never even heard of a "bike rodeo" before I saw the flyer!
2.  Eva has one therapy appointment this week.
3.  Read and pray through five chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife.  

Personal
4.  Read 100 pages from The Out of Synch Child.  This book came highly recommended by one of Evangeline's therapists.  Since it is an inter-library loan book I better start reading!  (We can only keep inter-library loan books for two weeks.)
5.  Exercise three times this week.  I'm hoping to enjoy at least one of these workouts at our gym.

Homemaking
6.  Spend two hours organizing financial paperwork.
7.  Sew a birthday gift for my niece.
8.  Spend at least two hours organizing the basement.

Ministry & Friendships
9.  Enjoy a picnic at the park with friends.

Other
10.  Help my grandmother one day this week.

What goals do you have for this week?  Do you conquer a lot of household projects in the summer?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Reads

None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin :  I'm quickly becoming quite the fan of Mrs. Jen Wilkin.  I've been working through her 1 Peter Bible Study this summer and I absolutely loved reading through this book on the attributes of God.  I found myself reminded of so many things and almost felt a sense of relief as I contemplated what God is like.  This book was a delight to read.  I love that there is now a book on God's attributes written especially for women.  Pure awesomeness!  I highly recommend this book for both new believers and those with years of experience.  I also think it would make a great book club book. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This book is one that I have been wanting to read for years and I just never got around to it.  I am so glad that I finally took the time to read and pray through this book!  What better gift could I give my husband the past month than to spend time earnestly praying for him through a

Our First Tent Camping Experience

Earlier in June we embarked on a new adventure.  TENT CAMPING!   Two summers ago we enjoyed a wonderful time camping in a borrowed pop-up camper but this was our first experience sleeping in a tent as a family.  We loaded up our very full van and headed to Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky for a new adventure.  It was wonderful.   One of the neatest aspects of our trip was the fact that Nina & Poppy Steve (Brandon's parents) were able to meet up with us!  (They live a good 10 hours away from us so this was a real treat.)  We had so much spending time with them.  We stayed at  Hillman Ferry Campground  and I would definitely stay there again.   Hillman Ferry Campground has a lovely beach with an area roped off for swimming.  The kids enjoyed playing in the sand and I even took them swimming in the lake.  I have been swimming many times in a lake but I think this was my children's first real time swimming in a lake.  (The closest lake to us no longer

This Week's Goals

We have been so blessed to fill our August with such fun family memories. In the picture above we enjoyed a day trip to the Columbus Zoo where we got to get up close with some kangaroos!   August has been so busy for our family that I've neglected to share my goals the past few weeks.  We've been squeezing in lots of summer fun as we transition back to school days.  I also began teaching fall piano lessons.  Here are a few of my goals for this upcoming week.      This Week's Goals Marriage, Mothering, & Family 1.  Eli is playing flag football this fall!  I'm excited to attend his game on Saturday. 2.  Eva has a therapy appointment this week.  I am so thankful for all of the incredible progress that she has made over the past year.   3.  Take both children to the park to play this week.   Homemaking 4.  Work on plans for Disney.  I need to work on our packing list and make some reservations.  I also need to purchase a number of items before we lea