Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This Week's Goals

My brother at his high school graduation on Saturday with my son Elijah
who decided to "dress like Uncle Caleb" for the occasion. 
Happy Tuesday and Happy Summer to all of you who are on summer break!  I am such a summer girl and I am absolutely pumped that it is finally here.  Our school year has just wrapped up and in so many ways I feel like a young college girl ready to enjoy a summer at home.  (I just have the added bonus of being happily married and having two fun kiddos to play with all summer long!)  I've already spent most of my day outside today enjoying a delightful time with the Lord on my front porch this morning, giggling on the playground, making chalk drawings on the sidewalk, and curling up with a good book outside during a few stolen moments.  Here's what my week looks like!  

Marriage, Mothering, & Family
1.  Do something sweet for my husband.
2.  Take the entire family (kiddos included) kayaking at the lake.  (If you follow me on Instagram you might have already seen a fun picture of us kayaking last night.)
3.  Enjoy a wonderful day at our CLASS picnic.
4.  Make a summer bucket list as a family!  This is a tradition in our family and really helps to add focus to our summer.

Homemaking
5.  Plant flowers, pineapple mint, and hopefully plant my raised bed.  I would also love to get my big garden planted this week if it works out.  (This is dependent upon getting my garden tilled by a neighbor since I don't own a tractor.)

Personal 
6.  Read and journal through five chapters of Sally Clarkson's Own Your Life.  I'm on chapter 9 and it's still just as wonderful as I raved a few weeks ago.  Taking the time to journal through each of the questions at the end of the chapter is making such a difference!

Ministry & Friendships
7.  Spend one hour working on Vacation Bible School!
8.  Enjoy a play date with a dear friend of mine this week.
9.  Spend thirty minutes daily practicing arrangements that I will be playing in church.

Other
10.  Spend an afternoon helping my grandmother.

What goals do you have for this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment