Skip to main content

Week in Review: January 12-18



I thought it might be fun to share a weekly review post on what we have been doing.  I am really hoping to blog on a more consistent basis this year.  The week in review posts will probably be in addition to my frugal things posts.  Last week was one of those mixed weeks filled with good days and some bad days.



One of the highlights of the week was a fun family trip to Costco.  The happy hubby's computer died so we decided it was past time to replace it.  Costco had a great price on a laptop so we chose to invest in a membership.  This was our first time purchasing a Costco membership and I am really excited.  We chose a Costco membership over Sam's due to the amount of organic and gluten free items that Costco carries.  (Back to healthy eating for the family.)  I think we have already saved enough money to pay for the cost of the membership but I anticipate that we will visit Costco at least every other month in the future.  Shopping at Costco was so much fun!  Usually I don't enjoy grocery shopping but the newness of the store, plethora of samples, and having the happy hubby along made it quite a fun time.

The happy hubby and I also enjoyed a double date with some sweet friends of ours to Mellow Mushroom.  We had a great time and look forward to hanging out again soon.  


The bad part of last week included our sweet Evangeline coming down with croup yet again.  Whose ready for spring?  We are!  Thankfully it wasn't bad this time and she is now feeling better.  I did miss church on Sunday which was disappointing.  (Since the happy hubby is a pastor I will always be the one staying at home with sick babies.)  It is always sad to not be able to be a part of such a wonderful church and to hear the Word preached.  I also had to postpone a trip to visit a sweet college friend since Eva was not feeling well enough to travel 3 hours.  

I also finally sat down this week and looked at some seed catalogs.  Half the fun of planting a garden really is in planning.  Right now I am trying to decide if I will keep our garden the same size this year.  I would also love to make a few raised beds.  It's crazy to think that where we live the last frost date is only about 16 weeks away.  It really is time to start preparing to start seeds.  





On a fun note Eli boy started swim lessons.  We are super excited and thankful that Eli has the opportunity again this year to work on his swimming skills.  (This is his third time taking swim lessons.)  He is doing great and can't wait until next week's lesson.  Maybe I will be brave enough to take along a camera at his next lesson.

This is also one of the first years since I was a child that I have only one resolution.  Just Give Me Jesus.  That's it.  Last year was a hard year for me personally and I know that I need to take the time to step back and focus on the main thing, the best thing, and that is Christ.  I've carved out a little more time in my crazy busy day to spend with the Savior.  Time to spend writing prayers in my journal and really crying out to the Lord.  A time to spend pouring over the Word and watching as God transforms my life.  Already I can see how gracious He has been to me.

Comments

  1. i didn't make resolution this year either--though i typically love to, since goal-setting is fun--i'm only focusing on waiting on the Lord and growing in patience. i think its something i could learn more about with big things and with the day to day of raising toddlers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Reads

None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin :  I'm quickly becoming quite the fan of Mrs. Jen Wilkin.  I've been working through her 1 Peter Bible Study this summer and I absolutely loved reading through this book on the attributes of God.  I found myself reminded of so many things and almost felt a sense of relief as I contemplated what God is like.  This book was a delight to read.  I love that there is now a book on God's attributes written especially for women.  Pure awesomeness!  I highly recommend this book for both new believers and those with years of experience.  I also think it would make a great book club book. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This book is one that I have been wanting to read for years and I just never got around to it.  I am so glad that I finally took the time to read and pray through this book!  What better gift could I give my husband the past month than to spend time earnestly praying for him through a

Our First Tent Camping Experience

Earlier in June we embarked on a new adventure.  TENT CAMPING!   Two summers ago we enjoyed a wonderful time camping in a borrowed pop-up camper but this was our first experience sleeping in a tent as a family.  We loaded up our very full van and headed to Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky for a new adventure.  It was wonderful.   One of the neatest aspects of our trip was the fact that Nina & Poppy Steve (Brandon's parents) were able to meet up with us!  (They live a good 10 hours away from us so this was a real treat.)  We had so much spending time with them.  We stayed at  Hillman Ferry Campground  and I would definitely stay there again.   Hillman Ferry Campground has a lovely beach with an area roped off for swimming.  The kids enjoyed playing in the sand and I even took them swimming in the lake.  I have been swimming many times in a lake but I think this was my children's first real time swimming in a lake.  (The closest lake to us no longer

This Week's Goals

We have been so blessed to fill our August with such fun family memories. In the picture above we enjoyed a day trip to the Columbus Zoo where we got to get up close with some kangaroos!   August has been so busy for our family that I've neglected to share my goals the past few weeks.  We've been squeezing in lots of summer fun as we transition back to school days.  I also began teaching fall piano lessons.  Here are a few of my goals for this upcoming week.      This Week's Goals Marriage, Mothering, & Family 1.  Eli is playing flag football this fall!  I'm excited to attend his game on Saturday. 2.  Eva has a therapy appointment this week.  I am so thankful for all of the incredible progress that she has made over the past year.   3.  Take both children to the park to play this week.   Homemaking 4.  Work on plans for Disney.  I need to work on our packing list and make some reservations.  I also need to purchase a number of items before we lea