Monday, January 26, 2015
10 Goals For This Week
January is actually one of the slowest months for our family. A welcomed blessing after such a full December. It usually consists of lots of reading, a few projects, and lots of wishing that spring would soon appear! There is a light snow outside the window this morning which is just enough to make us want to stay indoors all day but not enough that we could go sledding. The ground is also covered in a nice sheet of ice. Here are a few of my goals for this week.
1. Catch up on laundry. I decided to strip our cloth diapers last week which put me behind on our regular laundry. There are probably at least 5 loads to do. Hopefully I can finish them all today.
2. Pick a new read aloud to begin with the kids.
3. Begin compiling a list of seeds to order for our garden this year. Possibly begin planting a few seeds.
4. Continue the process of ridding our home of clutter. This week I would like to go through my books.
5. Start work on a friend's baby gift. The hardest part of making the gift is narrowing it down to one project!
6. Begin compiling all of our tax information and itemized tax deductions.
7. Enjoy a date with my handsome hubby.
8. Exercise 3 times this week. I would love to exercise more but this is a good realistic goal for my current season of life. Last week I was able to accomplish this goal with three nice long workouts! I enjoyed a nice, long, family walk, the elliptical machine, the treadmill, and a little weight training.
9. Finish Reading Say Goodbye to Survival Mode and Grace Is Free.
10. I am back to serving as the pianist for our church which is a fairly big commitment. One of my weekly goals always includes learning all of the songs for Sunday, an offertory and the prelude. I would also like to learn a new song to play in the month of February.
What goals do you have in mind for this week? Do you have any good recommendations for a read aloud book for my kids?