Skip to main content

February at Our Home

We love family fun days!  After enjoying a Madcap puppet show we enjoyed dinner at Brandon's favorite IHOP!
 We have now been in our new home for three months.  Our hearts are beyond thankful at the Lord's good gift of blessing us with a home that we love so much that is so close to Brandon's new job.  When we began looking for a home I doubted that we would be able to find what we were looking for but the Lord had other ideas!  I'm still amazed that we found this little haven so quickly.  It is our prayer that God would use our home to bless and encourage all who enter it.

This month Eva has been obsessed with art.  She spends hours drawing,
painting, coloring, using pastels, and even this aquadoodle mat.  
 This month we enjoyed a wonderful visit from Brandon's parents who came all the way from Arkansas.  It's always great to see Nina & Poppy Steve.  They haven't seen our home since the weekend we moved in so it was neat to show them the small progress we have made.  We've also been discussing a partial basement finishing but Brandon and I can't seem to agree on the layout design.  (We are currently weighing the pros and cons of an open layout.)

We have both chosen to invest first in others so honestly our progress with the house is going a little slow.  The majority of our house is unpacked but I really haven't touched the boxes that are in the basement.  (Sounds like a great weekly goal huh?)  When given the option to organize something or spend time building new friendships I am opting to spend time with friends.  I'm thankful for the many people who have made us feel so welcome so far.  We have enjoyed play dates and one of the best super bowl parties ever.

A sweet collage from one of our first park outings here!  If you look closely
you can see that Eli is wearing his sister's helmet.  We still haven't found his!
 As part of getting more involved in our community both children have enjoyed taking gymnastics lessons.  Evangeline's occupational therapist actually recommended gymnastics since we were ready for a therapy break.   I have been so pleasantly surprised to watch Eva at gymnastics!  She is a completely different little lady.  Eli has also loved the challenge and Ninja Warrior aspect of his gymnastics class.

The month of February has felt like such a whirlwind with the crazy weather we experienced.  We enjoyed both snow and days that felt like summer.  One day it reached 81 degrees!  I have lived somewhere in Kentucky my entire life and I can't remember a February this warm.  We have enjoyed playing at three different parks and look forward to exploring the other parks that our city has to offer.
We had a great time visiting the zoo with friends this month.
I think a big part of me is still holding out for a nice big snowstorm before Spring hits in a few weeks.  February ended up being a weird month.  Eva was sick for a week and then I also caught a bug.  Thankfully we are all feeling better now.  I also didn't really read at all which is so out of character for me!  I think I'm ready to tackle a few house projects and squeeze in as much fun as possible this month!

Here's to a wonderful month of March friends.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Reads

None Like Him: 10 Ways God is Different From Us by Jen Wilkin :  I'm quickly becoming quite the fan of Mrs. Jen Wilkin.  I've been working through her 1 Peter Bible Study this summer and I absolutely loved reading through this book on the attributes of God.  I found myself reminded of so many things and almost felt a sense of relief as I contemplated what God is like.  This book was a delight to read.  I love that there is now a book on God's attributes written especially for women.  Pure awesomeness!  I highly recommend this book for both new believers and those with years of experience.  I also think it would make a great book club book. The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian: This book is one that I have been wanting to read for years and I just never got around to it.  I am so glad that I finally took the time to read and pray through this book!  What better gift could I give my husband the past month than to spend time earnestly praying for him through a

Our First Tent Camping Experience

Earlier in June we embarked on a new adventure.  TENT CAMPING!   Two summers ago we enjoyed a wonderful time camping in a borrowed pop-up camper but this was our first experience sleeping in a tent as a family.  We loaded up our very full van and headed to Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky for a new adventure.  It was wonderful.   One of the neatest aspects of our trip was the fact that Nina & Poppy Steve (Brandon's parents) were able to meet up with us!  (They live a good 10 hours away from us so this was a real treat.)  We had so much spending time with them.  We stayed at  Hillman Ferry Campground  and I would definitely stay there again.   Hillman Ferry Campground has a lovely beach with an area roped off for swimming.  The kids enjoyed playing in the sand and I even took them swimming in the lake.  I have been swimming many times in a lake but I think this was my children's first real time swimming in a lake.  (The closest lake to us no longer

This Week's Goals

We have been so blessed to fill our August with such fun family memories. In the picture above we enjoyed a day trip to the Columbus Zoo where we got to get up close with some kangaroos!   August has been so busy for our family that I've neglected to share my goals the past few weeks.  We've been squeezing in lots of summer fun as we transition back to school days.  I also began teaching fall piano lessons.  Here are a few of my goals for this upcoming week.      This Week's Goals Marriage, Mothering, & Family 1.  Eli is playing flag football this fall!  I'm excited to attend his game on Saturday. 2.  Eva has a therapy appointment this week.  I am so thankful for all of the incredible progress that she has made over the past year.   3.  Take both children to the park to play this week.   Homemaking 4.  Work on plans for Disney.  I need to work on our packing list and make some reservations.  I also need to purchase a number of items before we lea