Sunday, January 17, 2016
This Week's Goals
Last week I had a shortened list of goals because I spent the week with children who weren't feeling well. I pushed aside my usual list of ten goals and instead focused on what is most important. The children did a great job of resting and we read through an impressive stack of books. I'm happy to say that they are both feeling better now. Secretly I am hoping for another good snow so the children and I can go sledding! (We stayed in last week when it snowed.)
Here is my list of goals for the week:
Marriage, Mothering, & Family
1. Attend two therapy appointments with Evangeline this week.
2. Enjoy an at-home date with my husband.
3. Finish reading The Bears on Hemlock Mountain and five chapters of the original Winnie the Pooh. It is SO much better than the cartoon! I would also like to squeeze in a nice long visit to the library.
4. Sew two baby gifts.
5. Clean out Eli's closet and organize his dresser.
6. Continue learning to crochet. I have been having so much fun! Attending therapy sessions with Eva is much better with a ball of yarn and a crochet hook in my hand. (I am one of those people who just can't sit still.) Why didn't I think of this in July?
7. Finish reading one book.
Ministry & Friendships
8. Prepare music for an upcoming funeral on Saturday. I'm hoping to play a beautiful arrangement of Be Still My Soul with It Is Well With My Soul that needs a little bit of polishing. If time permits I would also like to make a complete binder of funeral songs.
9. Enjoy an afternoon play date with a friend.
10. Write an update on Evangeline's health.
What goals do you have for this week?